Japanese Chef Line up
Toshi has a network of Japanese friends who are chef-owners of popular restaurants in Japan specialized in Japan’s comfort food.
There are 15 chefs flying in this time. Here is the menu from each restaurant.
• Ashibi – Yakiniku/Japanese style BBQ
• Goh – Thai Curry/Japanese version of Thai Curry
• Bincho Hitsumabushi – Unagi/BBQed Eel
• Kyomin – Tonkotsu Ramen
• Tomoya – Okonomiyaki/Savory Japanese Pancake
• Maruya – Tonkatsu/Pork cutlet
• Up Roll Cafe – Sushi Burrito/Salmon
Denver Chef Line Up
These are our Denver Chef friends in town whom we admire and respect.
This year, these chefs are joining our fundraiser to help to restore our beloved Kumamoto Castle damaged from devastating earthquake 2016 that hit our home county in southern Japan.
This year, we have also chosen Denver’s charity, We Don’t Waste, innovative food recovery organization reducing food waste.
• Paul is the chef-owner of Beast that brings “Farm focused food” and Coperta. And it brings “The food and wine of Rome and southern Italy”. It is all about Italy!
• Menu – Saffron Arancini with Spiced Lamb
• Executive chef Jon Lavelle and his team offers the menu in line with the well-defined vision of good, locally sourced eating that has long been the principal motivation for restaurant owners. Having started with Avanti burger joint American Grind, the group has committed to providing the community with real food since their food-truck origins. The menu focuses on ingredients that are not only local but many that are indigenous to Colorado.
• Menu – Roasted Sirloin, Miso Romesco and charred scallion
• These 2 young, upcoming executive chefs manage Balistreri Vineyard’s kitchen and run lunches and many winery’s wine dinner events and parties.
o grilled pork belly and apricots with “elote” aioli
o grilled shrimp and grilled scallop with sesame ginger glaze
o grilled pineapple skewers with basil-honey
• Alex is the recipient of “James Beard Award for Best Chef of the Southwest” and the chef-owner of Fruition Restaurant, Mercantile Dining & Provision, Füdmill as well as Fruition Farms Creamery.
• Menu – Beet and Tuna Poke with sesame shrimp balls, avocado and seaweed
• Troy is the chef-owner of TAG, Guard and Grace as well as Mister Tuna and so many more restaurants.
Troy has lived in Japan and southeast Asia and he brings a unique understanding of the street food in Asia.
• Menu – Huli Huli Chicken with Kimchi Spam fried rice
• Michelle is the chef-owner of 5 year old boutique catering company. Her mentor is Anthony Bourdain.
“I would like to see people more aware of where their food comes from. I would like to see small farmers empowered. I feed my daughter almost exclusively organic food.”
• Menu – Mexican Chocolate Braised Sticky Bun, Asian slaw with sesame hoisin and pickled daikon